Thursday, October 27, 2011

Grande Pizza Company Boca Raton

I scored a Groupon coupon for this place and although I didn't even try the pizza until the second visit I have been back for more three times.

This is not your typical pizza joint. You walk in past a tall counter behind which sits the pizza ovens. The place opens up into a large room with a big U shaped bar and several tables. Then when I tasted the food and I KNEW it was different!

I invited Josh, Dale, Sheree, and my three grandsons to try the pizza with me. When everyone arrived we decided to order two extra large 18" pizzas. One with pepperoni and the other a standard cheese and sauce. We ordered them my favorite way: extra thin, crispy, with a slightly burnt edge. They arrived exactly as ordered.

Their pizza is a wonderful blend of perfectly matched ingredients that hit your taste buds like a cannonball.
                                                     Pizza Nirvana!
We gave them a few minutes to cool before serving everyone a slice. Once they were bitten into we all exclaimed on the marvelous taste. The crispy, light crust gave way easily with a slight crunch and the full flavor of the cheese and sauce mixture filled our taste buds. Eureka! I have found Pizza Nirvana!

Both pizzas were devoured in a few minutes so we ordered a third, with sausage, and served it around. The pizza was extraordinary. The tastes and texture were superb. But was it the BEST pizza in South Florida? Or is it the BEST pizza in Boca Raton? I'll have to try out a few more places before I make a decision.

On my last visit I tried one of all time favorites. When made correctly I can enjoy a stromboli as much as pizza.  Now don't confuse this with a calzone which is just a folded over pizza with tons of cheese, usually ricotta and a little bit of other stuff.

If you're looking for a stromboli that's loaded with onions, mushrooms and peppers then stay away from Grande. Their stromboli is loaded with meat and cheese! Save the produce for the vegetarians!

The stromboli at Grande is made exactly as I love it. A tight roll with pepperoni, salami, crumpled sausage, and cheese
I was so excited when I got the stromboli I cut off a six inch piece before I snapped the picture. It came with two large beakers of sauce for easy dipping which served to enhance the flavors to astronomical heights.

A tight roll chocked full of meat and cheese!
I can't wait to go back to Grande Pizza Company for another stromboli and some pizza. I think it is quickly becoming one of my favorites! Stop in to their Boca location and hit me up with some comments. 


Salons and Spas 125x125

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...