Monday, August 8, 2011

Vito's Gourmet Pizza of Boynton Beach

Michelle and I took in a movie on Monday evening. It was a cute romantic comedy called "Friends With Benefits," at the Cinemark Boynton Beach. After the movie, at about 9:30pm, we wanted to find a place where we could get a pizza before going home. Most of the places we have frequented, including Dominic's right across Congress, would be closing around that time but I remembered driving by a place a few blocks away on the North side of Boynton Beach Blvd a block or two East of Congress.


We pulled into the almost vacant lot and were happy to see that Vito's sign said, "OPEN 11am 'til 11pm." We took a seat and ordered a couple of drinks. We checked out the menu and found Vito's to be more than your average pizza joint. They have a full menu, have delivery and do catering. I would really consider buying some trays of food for my next party.

Michelle opted for a bowl of pasta fagioli and I ordered a large pepperoni pizza, extra thin and crispy. Michelle's soup arrived quickly, hot and steamy, just like she enjoys it. She didn't wait for it to cool down; just spooned some into her mouth. She offered me a taste and naturally I obliged. It was a pleasant mixture of spices and herbs and I liked it, but I prefer this soup a lot thicker, filled with pasta and beans.

                          

Next the pizza arrived. Thin and crispy, exactly as ordered, Sal, the pizza-maker and server, placed the pie on the special raised platter on our table and after letting it cool for a couple of minutes we each tried a slice.

                          

The crust was superb. Just like the pizza that I tasted on my trip to NY back in the spring, my bite broke of easily. Not doughy or rubbery. Crisp, like a good pizza crust should be.


I give five stars to Vito's Gourmet Pizza and I am looking forward to the next time when I will try a different combination. Is Vito's the BEST Pizza in South Florida? Or is it the BEST pizza in Boynton Beach?
Let me know.
Vito's Gourmet Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...